View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green

You have two players involved on a play B1 and B2 and they both smack A1 in the act of shooting at the exact same time. Who do you call the foul on or do you call a multiple foul? (yeah right) So you pick one... Now throw into mix B1 has four fouls B2 has 2. Who you going to pick?
This is exactly the play that I gave in the thread that disappeared and Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. said that he would call a multiple foul. I was surprised b/c I haven't heard of anyone actually calling this.

I agree with Kelvin that the higher the games (HS -> College -> etc) the more this becomes important. I'm not going to pay as much attention to how many fouls a 10 year old team's best player has committed. I think one thing that needs to be said is that it needs to be consistent. Make sure that you know both team's situations and not just the best player on the court.

I think it's easy to say that you need to call the same foul in the first 30 seconds as in the last 30 seconds but actually applying this is much more difficult b/c the game is usually very different at these two periods of time.