View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2004, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

Is it ? Isn't it ? Not sure ? Something happened ? Can't call what we don't see ? Batter is right handed batter who crowds the plate. Totally legal in the batters box. Catcher not one to crowd the batters. Pitcher throws high and inside. Batter takes a chopping, wild swing at the ball. Fouls it off. I take pride in using the proper slot position and not being one who "flinches" on too many pitches. But I have to admit that this pitch and swing made me flinch. As I reach into my ball bag to retrieve a new ball I realize that I have a catcher having taken off her glove and rubbing the back of her catching hand. I heard or saw nothing to indicate the bat had come in contact with her glove. Defensive coach comes out to check on player. Offensive coach at third now asks if I have catcher's interference. I simply state that the glove had come in contact with the bat on batters back swing after contact had already been made. He accepted it. Whewwwwwww. Any suggestions on how this was handled, should have been handled, or if anything has ever happen to others like this.