View Single Post
Old Wed May 26, 2004, 03:53pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Robmoz
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
On a free throw? I honestly do believe that "diarrhea of the mouth" is a fitting and apt term for what you advocate. I'm completely with Chuck on this one. There's no need at all for you to conduct a rules clinic on every FT. [/B]
To clarify, I do not advocate this for every free throw and certainly do not consider it to be a rules clinic issue. Perhaps you are not comfortable communicating or maybe you are not very good at it (no offense intended). And yes, my experienced mentors over the years passed this trait to me, good or bad, it's what I do. [/B][/QUOTE]Well, I don't advocate it on ANY free throw. And seeing that I'm responsible for training, evaluating and assigning ALL of the officials in my area, I also don't think that I do not now, or ever, have really had any problems communicating with other officials. I can also tell you that I have talked this specific subject over with many other trainers and evaluators( including quite a few at the NCAA conference level), and I have never heard a single one ever advocate what you suggest. The general mechanic in use is exactly as Chuck pointed out. The administering official simply states the # of shots to be taken.

To be honest, I really don't think that you have a clue what you are talking about( no offense intended).