View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 24, 2001, 05:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up I feel it is if.......

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDave
Quote:
Originally posted by sharkref
As athletic as the kids are today I think three man is a must!

I'm not so sure that 3-man is "a must". Two solid, hustling officials can handle a top-level HS boys game. The CBA does (did) it. The tendency when working 3-man mechanics is to relax too much. This leads to eventual laziness, therefore, a poorly officiated game. The key is hustle. If you are working 2-man or 3-man, getting up and down the floor is essential.
....you want the calls to be right more often. If you do the bigger kids and the bigger schools, the responsibility for the ball changes and switches a lot during a 2 man game. In 3, you have another set of eyes looking off ball and at least helping out in the lane and the back screens. And even better, you see the whole play, instead of looking thru players and guessing who did what first. At least at the boys level, maybe not so much the girls, but I feel even in their case, they need the other official too. You can hustle all day in two, but you might not see an entire play, because the off ball stuff is in your primary area, where the ball is.