Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Get real.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
I know, Chuck, that to get where you are, you are not sprinting just to sprint.
From Trail to Lead, actually, I am -- unless there's backcourt pressure and I need to give help.
...Don't think so, Chuck, unless we are defining our terms differently.
In my minds eye, I can see you busting/sprinting/"running hard" (100m) to beat a transition. But after a score, I see you doing a 80% run (800m) to Lead,
Hmmmm, I'm trying to picture myself in transition. The fact is that if I'm not needed for backcourt pressure, then my #1 responsibility is to get to the endline so that I'm ready to accept the next play. Yes, my head is turned backward to observe players. But my T has the ball, my C has midcourt and backcourt. I have maybe two players to watch. So, I'm busting my hump to get to the endline.

Am I at a 100% sprint? You're right; I'm probably not. But I guarantee that I'm over 80%. B/c with no backcourt pressure, my only job is to get to the endline. Perhaps this is a result of some of the "pro philosophy" that I've sub-consciously absorbed. But that's really the way I do it.