View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2004, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by osantos22
my mistake, we had the man trapped along the baseline, and the man had no where to go, the ref called a bogus foul, thats why i got a tech for it. yes our intention was to foul to stop the clock, but since we had the man trapped in the baseline, we didnt foul, but the ref called one anyway and t'ed me up. so they shot 2 free throws cause they were in double bonus, and 2 for the tech. i understood that, but he ref claimed that since we were over the double bonus limit, the tech counts towards that and entitles the other team to another 2 free throws. now that i dont get right?
They should not have shot those last 2 free throws. I would suggest you get your hands on a set of rule books and be in a better position to argue your case with the official. This is a correctable error if it is recognized by the official during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started. Perhaps you would get further with the officials if you used a bit more diplomacy and could get your point across without getting a technical.

__________________________________________________ ______
"Man is more robust than woman, but he is not longer lived; which exactly explains my view of the nature of their attachments" - Jane Austen