View Single Post
Old Sat May 22, 2004, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wadeintothem
i'm on year 2.. 45 games under my belt or thereabouts...and I finally ejected one. I think its Irishmikes fault :P

I've moved to a new league, and as with the complaint I posted about earlier.. this is a very abusive league towards blues IMO and a new experience for me.... I think I've had it with them... because I consider myself very patient for an umpire.

Anyway ASA12U .. 1st play of the game... close out at 1B (i'm bu)... I think it was an asst coach or team mom in the dugout told the kids VERY loudly "dont worry about it kids it is just a crappy umpire".. definately knowing I was right there in A (she in 1B dugout).

I tossed her for unsportsmanlike.

My questions.

1. Did I pull the trigger to quickly?

2. How do you eject someone? I didnt want to make a MLB show of it.. I just walked up to her and said "youre outta here, unsportsmanlike" and when she said ok, i walked away and that was the end of it.

Decent game after that.

Don't care how they are coaching or teaching their kids, for me it is the same regardless of the age of the participants. USC is USC whether it is a 12 yo or a 50 yo and that gets you ejected. As you may have noticed, I don't particularly care for those who use age as justification for altering a rule and effect. I do believe age and ability should be taken into consideration for rules involving plays (IF, IDB, etc), but not for acts which involve the dangering of another or abuse, verbal or physical.

You pulled the trigger when you believed it is necessary. Apparently, this weak-role-model adult thought she was being cute. Sounds more like she was being ugly.

Don't worry about it, it's not worth getting grey hair over it.

As far as mechanic, I rarely point at anything except the person ejected (and then only when it is necessary to make sure they know who is leaving). I don't get loud. No need to advertise, the word will get around the field that you tossed someone.

Oh, BTW, to me, that was a personal insult and attempt to subvert your authority.