View Single Post
Old Wed May 19, 2004, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Scott,
Seems like you've gotten some great advice. Hope it helps and hope you're able to be as involved as you want to be for as long as you choose.

For the rest of us, Scotts plea for advice is probably a good reminder for the rest of us not to take for granted our good health. We should be doing all those things we know we should be doing, ie., attention to proper weight to height proportions, proper stretching before and after activities, proper nutrition and plenty of exercise.

Another thing that many of us neglect is adequate hydration. Taking in plenty of fluids, of which the great majority should be good, old-fashioned water. Many believe most people are in a constant state of dehydration; we just don't seem to drink enough water. What is it 'they' say, "A little prevention goes a long way"? Probably very true.

I understand injuries happen despite all our best preventative measures, this does not mean we should be neglectfull; they will help prevent many others. I'm outta here, gotta go take some of my own advice.

Again, good luck Scott.