Thread: No brainer
View Single Post
Old Tue May 18, 2004, 07:19am
Official Forum Member

Snap throw from F2 on the pick-off attempt at first. R1 dives back to the base, throw is wide on the left side of base, R1 lands on the glove, can't see the ball, glove or anything. R1
beat the throw by a hair, now she is fully extended in the prone position and F3 has her hand under R1 groping for the
ball. R1 face down, who had a knee brace on, is not moving, she has reinjured her knee and in a lot of pain. Time has not been called. The coach for the defense is screaming to have her called out because she is now off the bag. After time is called, I glare back at the coach and say "Where's the sportsmanship?" and request the defense(which is the home team)
send there athletic trainer to tend to the injured player. (Two innings later, I see the "screamer" coach intercept the visitors coach at the changeover. Without even hearing what was said, I tell the visitor coach- he owed you that apology- and the visitor coach nods his head. All I got was the silent treatment and glares from the "screamer" coach for the rest of the game.) Any thoughts as to how this was handled?

[Edited by WinterWillie on May 18th, 2004 at 11:36 AM]