Thread: Appearance
View Single Post
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota

Several umpires wearing long-sleeved shirts under their powder blues - one black, the others white (yes, it was a bit chilly - but for gosh sakes, this is MN - how can you expect to umpire in MN and not invest in a proper umpire jacket)? One of the "white shirts" even had the long sleeve pushed up above the elbow.

Now, Rule 10-1-C says that a white T-shirt can be worn. In our State clinic (several years ago, of course ) we were told a long sleeved white shirt could be worn under the powder blue. Heck, ASA even sells these shirts with the ASA logo on them. I see a lot of the blues wearing them and nothing is said about it by the UIC's. Now the rest of the stuff, red masks, dirty shoes, pants shirts, no reason for it. If you have time to shoot the bull and get a drink, you can clean up your shoes. I always carry 3-4 extra powder blues and at least 2 extra pair of paints. I just keep a small canvas bag in the truck with extra belts, black socks, cups, and other accessories. Ya just never know.