View Single Post
Old Fri May 14, 2004, 09:41pm
Huck Finn

Hold on, hold on. I need to back track from my previous post or should I say, I screwed up.
I did not mean to come off like someone who doesn't make mistakes or God. I should have made myself clear. Ace got upset about what blindzebra said and posted the following

"And like i've said a few times already in this thread, I screwed up."

Well, he did not say that in any post so, no I'm not Judge and Jury or God but if someone says they said something then at least they should have the courtesy to have said it.

So, zebraman, yes I screw up and I can say it plain and simple like I did at the beginning of this post clearly.

Jurassic, look at my post on page 2 of this thread. I was the first person to post after Ace and this is part of that post
"IMHO, it is difficult to say for sure whether you had no choice. I can't see it but I wasn't there and I didn't go through this the entire game."
This is what you put in your last post to me
"You weren't there, and you don't know all the circumstances."
Sounds kind of similar doesn't it?

Also, and this is classic for being taken out of context, this is my post on page 5
"I would just like to say that I just read all of Ace's posts about this game and I did not see "I screwed up", "I made a mistake" or anything like that. He did say " I could handled it differently. Nuff said." That doesn't sound like "I screwed up" to me. I'm sorry but I just see this a little more black and white than Ace. I mess up all the time and I will say it just like that, "I messed up." I think that having a difficult clock to see would make me that much more aware of it. Also, at some point my partner(s) and I would come together during a timeout to talk about the climate of the game. That is another opportunity to know the situation. I just don't think this can be excused."

This is what zebraman had as my quote from that post
"I would just like to say that I just read all of Ace's posts about this game and I did not see "I screwed up", "I made a mistake" or anything like that. I just don't think this can be excused."
So zebraman made it seem like I was saying it can't be excused that Ace didn't use the exact words "I screwed up" when I was talking about excusing the fact that he did not know the game situation. Is anyone questioning the fact that we should know the game situation?

Ace, if I said something to offend you, I'm sorry. I do not want to do anything to discourage you or anyone else from posting.

The next time I screw up, probably my next game, I will post about it. Hey, four guys just tried to change my words around and rip me a new one and I'm not discouraged.

This is life, I post and I'm told I'm out of line. Jurassic posts and several people ask if he is in a bad mood or grumpy.

[Edited by tomegun on May 14th, 2004 at 10:45 PM]