View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 21, 2001, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
Moving to America?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warren Willson
Quote:
[i]

I have certainly NEVER treated the posters here as "coaches", and the fact is that I actually treat most coaches a whole lot better than that suggestion would imply...

I'm currently unemployed, having been retrenched in November, and I still have difficulty coming up with the requisite minimum of 3 articles per month. There is only so much you can say about obstruction, interference and batting out of order! I for one would be grateful if the eUmpire.com membership were to advise US of subjects they'd like to see covered. That would be an enormous help. All of us have our email addresses posted on the site somewhere. Mine is [email protected].

Don't talk to me about interviews, though. I've had several lined up since before the 2000 Sydney Olympics, only to have them fail to materialise for whatever reason. Nobody is more frustrated by that than me! (grin)...

Cheers,

[Edited by Warren Willson on Feb 21st, 2001 at 08:34 PM]
Warren,

Apologies for suggesting you would treat your fellow umpires "like coaches". It is probably true that many of us are much more pleasant in person than our posts might indicate. I think this is what gave rise to the suggestion that these discussions move to a great Cyber Ale House! I am sorry to hear that you are unemployed outside of your officating duties.

With all your friends that you have made does this mean you may be Coming To America? I guess it's hard networking when so many of your Big Blue Network is over here starting ball in warmer climes and getting gear ready in those places still infected by winter. I also assume those "interviews" were not job related.

Retrenching is happening a great deal over here especially with the dotcoms. But whether you call it "retrenching" "downsizing" or addressing "redundancy" it results in real people out of work and that can be a difficult hurdle to overcome. I was downsized from commercial banking seven years ago and it took a lot longer to "heal" than it did to move into a new field.

Unfortunately one of the victims of the "cleaning up" of the Forum I lost the tips on SNIPing, highlighting, use of color, and Quotes. I know you can resurrect these for me and I would appreciate it. Jim Simms/NY