View Single Post
Old Thu May 13, 2004, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FUBLUE

Had something like this with my little brother...he's four years younger, so I was out of "Majors" before he was in "Minors". I used to umpire most games, because no one else wanted to do it. Toughest call I had was bang-banger at first, would be last out of game, brothers team would win. I called him safe (happened to be a friend of my brothers)...both coaches said it was a good call...little brother disagreed...Didn't talk to me for a week (I should have made several more calls like that )
We've all probably had something like this in our careers whether it be son, daughter, brother, sister, best friend, etc.

My first ejection was my brother. Didn't believe I called him out on strikes. Being my brother, I guess he thought he was exempt for any form of umpire discipline.

He hit the right words and I tossed him. He went whining to our father who just laughed and told my brother not to argue with the umpire.

I'd like to hear about someone who got a parent. Now, that would be interesting.