View Single Post
Old Fri May 07, 2004, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Let's assume Pujols had watch strike 3 go by (no swing) and subsequently the ball was uncought and roles to the backstop. Pujols gives the ump a f-bomb and then realizes he can run. I think that is the sitch the question was getting at and as we've said let him run then toss'em.

My question is what if a player does something really really offensive, ie BR punches the first baseman as he rounds first with no play (otherwise interference and call him out and eject). Or even something that requires immediate interjection such as the BR has first baseman in a headlock and is pounding him while R1, R2, and R3 are all scoring on a ball rolling around in the outfield corner. How is the BR's placement on the bases handled. He hasn't done anything to be out by rule, and most likely the defense is going to be more worried about breaking up the fight than making an out. Assuming the BR hasn't left the basepath or abandoned his responsibilty as a baserunner where do you put him (or rather his eventual replacement).