Old Mon May 03, 2004, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by davidw
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
Need just a reality check on a couple of plays..

2) I a lead administering a throw in near old 28' mark. A foul occurred in the paint away from the play. My partner calls it, I wanted to administer throw-in on baseline closest to spot of foul, Partner wanted to administer up hi where it was on original throw-in. In the game I was reffing it did not matter much where ball went but in a close game, it could make a difference. Should it not be closest spot to foul not where ball was? or am I just wrong?

Thanks
Question. How were you 'lead' while admin. a throw in from old 28' mark? Wouldn't you be classified as 'trail' out there? Just asking. Don't won't to create any confusion--then again, maybe I'm the one confused
davidw,
Perhaps Kelvin was working with one of us old guys, and they pre-gamed that Kelvin needed the work, so he had to be Lead at both ends.
mick

gotta put that one in my bag and use it, may extend my career

Actually, that just reminded me of a summer AAU tournament a worked quite a few years ago where we would work like 10 games in one day--with all the 'rec-leauge'/'off-season' mechanics (or whatever you label it where you're from--you know what I'm refering to). Anyway, my partner that afternoon volunteered to run from baseline to baseline and let me stay at midcourt the whole game. He wanted the execise he said. I said thank you, but I'd better run too. Was kinds funny at the time.