View Single Post
Old Mon May 03, 2004, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Not overly fond of ejecting a player either, but obstruction is not the call here. It is unsportsmanlike conduct and the penalty for that is an ejection. I wouldn't do so without having warned the coach first.
I wasn't saying I definitely would have ejected without warning, but given that this was behavior that is a definite no-no, and that no coach should be condoning, and that it resulted in a dangerous situation, ejection without warning would be justified, especially if the kid HBP needed to be tended to.

A warning is OK, too, so long as no one actually got hurt.
I dont know man, sometimes there some much hooting and hollering going on it our league i must make a concerted effort to concentrate. The girls are always doing one cheer or another. This could be a warning.. since like i said its so player specific.. but I doubt there would be an ambulance (overly dramatic) (this is YUT not MLB) and I'm thinking to categorically declare that this is an ejection worthy offense is a little over the top. I can see a warning; which would likely solve the problem.. but to toss a girl for saying something like that is a little rough (this in YUT not MLB). Now if there was an ambulance or injury.. then you can start talking about ejections.

I'd think about giving the base despite her lack of effort to avoid

I agree with TexBlue.. as long as it is not mean spirited - I let it go.