View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 18, 2004, 09:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Who reads for you.......?

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Read the whole sentence. Pay attention to the first part. Now find, in any umpire mechanic book, rule book, binder or casebook, instructions to the umpire or any mention that keeping score or keeping track of innings is the job of the umpire. Be sure to report back to us. We'll wait.
I did not realize that everything in umpiring was associated directly from a book. Especially when I hear the "indicator" debates that have gone on. I have never read anywhere that there is something wrong with using one, but I hear umpires make an issue out of if for some reason. So I do not need to report anything, just answer the question.

Quote:
In the meantime: that is what the debate was about. Is this part of the job of the umpire? Is it? No.
Who said anything about what your job is or what your job is not? I did not think this discussion was about what was part of the job discription. There are a lot of things not associated with job discription, but I and many do them.

Quote:
Now then, if you think it helps you, by all means do it. I don't shiv a git. But it is not the umpire's job, plain and simple.
Again, did not know we were debating whose job was what and what our job was suppose to involve. But then again, this is why I am confused by your issue here.

Quote:
Does it get done? Hopefully. By whom? Someone else.
OK, and your point is what? What does that have to do with myself or anyone else that decides to write down the score? Does that mean you are the only person doing it? Does that mean if what you have done is wrong is the last and final say on the issue? I know I keep things on my lineup cards that others do not, does that mean if I put something down that I am the final say on this issue?

Quote:
Now you can see where the second part of the sentence came from. It is someone elses' job.
Again, I did not realize that we were debating what was someone's job or not. But that is not the question I asked you. I just wanted to know why it matters to you or anyone else what they put down for their own personal reference? But as usual, umpires like yourself cannot have a discussion without making this into a personal issue and name calling everyone that does not agree with you. I am just trying to find out why it matters to folks like yourself if I wear a West Vest as compared to a +POS Chest protector when both are personal choices? Just like what I write down on a card that you would not even know I had.

Peace