View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 15, 2004, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
I don't mean to start a rant here, but since the basketball season in my area is virtually over, I thought I'd might like to share some of the experiences I've had over the past year.

This year I had a lot more high level games than I had last year, but with the higher level of basketball, comes the higher level of coach idiocy. All the altercations I've had with coaches over the past year have really got me thinking if I want to take this abuse again. But one official whom I was working with made this comment, he doesn't like the fact that you're in control when your half his age. I thought this to be an interesting comment, and it made sense. I call what I see, I don't favour one team over the other. I've been told that I can go far.

My question is aimed at younger officials, or those who started when they were younger, i.e. high school aged.

Of all the complaints recieved from coaches, how many do you think were based on age??

Also, has this caused anyone to hang up the stripes for a few years, and let the aging process do some work before stepping back on the court??
How old are you and what level are you reffing?