Thread: 9.9
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 14, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
I was calling a 12-U rec game last night. The girl on 2nd headed towards 3rd and got caught in a rundown. My partner was on the 2nd base side and on the outside of the base line. I was busting it getting down there to help out, just as the catcher decides to chunk her helmet aside to get ready for any play at home. Naturally, it lands right in front of my left foot. I kicked it pretty hard, just enough to get a decent lift on it. Put it right in front of my right foot, which drop kicked it about 20 feet down the line. Now, I ain't as graceful as I once was. I stumbled, got a hand on the ground, came back up, and managed to do a 3 point slide for about 10 feet. Needless to say, the run down was the secondary focal point while this was happening. Got up, helped on the run down and was walking back to home when the entire stands on the 3rd base side started chanting " 9.9! 9.9!"

I personally felt it was a good solid 10, just for the landing, but who can account for judges? We all got a good laugh out of it and the game continued.