View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2001, 11:35am
Suppref

Regards to Dave..

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Yes, we are also having fun on line here, it's our therapy. Someone pass the hot cocoa and cookies....

....and the Prozac.
I have a confession to make. I stole a Davism and used it in a 5th grade boys game. A1's feet slipped on the floor (slippery dusty floor) with his initial move, after he picked up the dribble he shuffled 2 or 3 time, now I have a traveling violation. Coach A jumps up like he sat on a tack. "You can't call that on these kids, there only in 5th grade". Bing, light bulb goes off. I say " You know what coach you're right, wait here." I go to my bag take out the rule book and a pencil, and in a loud clear voice so the whole gym could here, tell him scratch out the rules he doesn't want enforced and we'll go from there. I sat on the table and waited. The site director was on the book, and with tears in his eyes he says," Supp, that was beautiful". Meanwhile the coach hasn't moved since I handed the items to him, I don't even think he took a breath. I then asked if he was ready to play on. He handed the book back to me and said" I'm sorry" The remainder of the game he said absolutely nothing. Mark, Please Give a heartfelt "Thank You" to Dave for me. And keep posting more ammunition.