View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 09, 2004, 10:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Originally posted by Kevzebra:

__________________________________________________ _________
I just hope I never see you on the field. the runner has to avoid contact with the fielder if possible.
__________________________________________________ _________

I dunno, I would think I would read the posts, try to soak it in and see if there might be another viewpoint worth listening too. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board, wouldn't hurt to listen. And yeah, Mike has a pretty heavy load of that knowledge. Most of his posts are extremely well thought out, insightful and darned near always right.

But I gotta tell you, your post was poorly presented. You didn't provide nearly enough info to let us picture it correctly. No matter what, it probably was a HTBT play.
( Had To Be There) . From what you presented, I'm guessing this was just a good ole "Train Wreck", play ball. The reasons were previously stated.

Ya know, folks like to tease, kid, pull other folks chain and just genereally have a good time on this board, as opposed to other ones. It's very seldom you ever see where someone slaps someone else down here. Again, it's great for info, opinions and complaints. But it is always in good taste. Ya might even have a couple of opinions about situations and realize you are going with misconceptions instead of the written rule. Again, from your last post, if your'e still going on about the non-call in the next inning, I believe I can understand the blue running out of patience. As a former blue, you probably can too.

Relax, sit back, read the posts and have a good time. By the way, some of the other posters you might pay particular heed to would be Steve M, whiskers_ump (although I think sometimes his thought process is a little water logged, being so close to the coast, doncha know, Skahtboi, mick, Dakota and kono. These guys have been in more important, big games and had some of the craziest situations and always can back their decisions with the rule that you'll ever want to hear about.

Well, that's about all my back slapping for the whole month, guys.

By the way, welcome to the board.

[Edited by TexBlue on Apr 9th, 2004 at 11:59 PM]