Thread: Ejection
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 09, 2004, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Blarson, you got the sequence wrong, a couple of innings before, I asked the umpire to dust off the pitcher's plate on the behalf of my runner who could not see it (which, by the way, the other team had done earlier in the game). In both instances the pitcher for each team was sportsmanlike enough to dust off the pitcher's plate. The events did not happen as they are interpreted here, I simply asked, did not demand, that the pitcher's plate be cleaned, and I was effectively told to shut up. I did bring up a play the previous inning, and for that I was wrong, but I did so in a manner in which nobody but me and the umpire could hear or see the conversation, and I was given the stop sign by the umpire, which I feel was the correct call, although I concede after reading some posts that this could have been an ejectable offense. After the stop sign, given the abrasive attitude that I felt the umpire had toward me (seemed to me like he was getting personal), I asked him, not demanded of him, to be called coach for the duration of the game for the purpose of bringing professionalism back to the game, which I felt was lost. For this, he threw me out of the game.