View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 14, 2001, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

It happened again, last night, for the third time this year! This time I was ready!

I'm at lead. B1 deflects a pass into his BC. Just before the ball gets to the sideline, bats the ball, goes OOB and returns and starts to dribble. My partner at trail had to hold up to keep from getting in the way. He's got a no-call and let's the play continue. When B1 comes back in and starts the dribble, Coach A does the old "Oh, waht a feeling, Toyota!" jump.

"He can't do that! He can go OOB and be the first one to touch it when he comes back in!"

Now standing directly beside him, I reply, "Yes, he can. It's Rule 7-1-1, Coach. But 7.1.1 on page 49 in the case book explains it much better." He got that "deer in the headlight" look about him and sat down.

After the game, my other partner asked me what I said to him. I told him and asked him why. First, he couldn't believe the coach shut up and sat down so fast. But when he did, he said something to his asst. coach, who began digging in a bag for something, a book.

After reading for about three minutes, my partner saw the asst. coach shake his head, "Yes."

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith