View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 04, 2004, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Let em play

I watched the Duke Uconn game last night and I came to the internet to see what other people thought of the officiating. This is the first time I have seen your web site and this is probably the only post I will ever make. I almost turned the game off at about ten minutes in the first half because it seemed clear officials had their own agendas. Most who watched the game felt officiating had a negative impact. Only a few media writers dealt directly with the issue and coaches and players have pretty much stuck their heads in the sand. This might seem like a good thing for officials, but this blatant hand wringing could lead to problems for officials down the road. After reviewing posts to this site it is disturbing to see people charged with blowing the whistle are unwilling to discuss the decisions that had a greater impact on the game than anything the players did. There was a plethora of imaginary fouls called and an abundance of fouls ignored. How can a body with duties to interpret and enforce rules be opposed to a review of the way rules are applied. The officiating however disruptive was impartial.