Thread: Deletions
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 01, 2004, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
How many groups/associations that you work for allow schools/coaches to delete (not allow them to work their games) officials?
Our association has never allowed that. I can only recall a couple of times that a coach made that request to our board and it was denied immediately. We've had a coach/school come to us with concerns about something an official did and we've dealt with those when they have had some validity. If we have an official who is not worthy of working any school, we'd deal with that but we'd never allow an individual school to prevent a certain official from going there. The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Z
Personally I don't understand the big deal. There are times that certain coaches and certain officials have a difference of opinion....why rub salt in the wound...if the coach wants to scratch some officials and there are plenty of officials to work, then why push the issue. I know that it could get out of hand but usually doesn't. With that said, our association schedules the games in our area that aren't privately contracted. We get a preferred list from schools that are inclined to do so...and we try to honor them as closely as possible. There are also along with the preferred list, the not in my gym list LOL we also try to honor this list as well...but we don't let the tail wag the dog...it just makes things run smoother if you don't piss coaches, ADs or officials off by putting them together if they don't get along....