View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 31, 2004, 04:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Just to raise a fuss, I'll throw this in to the mix. Light is also affected by environment. Light is refracted by smoke or fog. So for those ever important games played in bowling allys or outside, there could be some error.

Furthermore, its widely known that we are all blind so could we even see the light if we wanted to so it? But then again I guess that's why the replay is in place.

Doesn't really even matter to me. I only work HS and below, although I've done games at schools that have the light. Per Fed the horn is the ultimate judge and there is no replay anyway. This is based on 0:00 in a HS gym could actually be 0:00.4. Horn = 0:00.0 and the end of the game. Guess HS officials better be able to hear. NCAA is just following the American's with Disabilities Act and making a better environment for the hearing impared. (Just a joke there, I've worked with a deaf referee before and the only difference was we discussed listening for the horn and how to handle it in the pregame.)