View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

Like Jurassic said, it doesn't really matter. Anyone can claim anything. I do think, however, that Jurassic Referee worked the 1923 and 1927 college championship games; wasn't the big game the NIT championship at that time?

I don't know that I've ever made any statement about what level I work or don't work. I don't particularly care to. I'd rather be judged from my actual contributions than an, a best, inaccurate label.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else works. Some excellent officials don't have the flexibility in their personal schedules or the desire to pursue a D1 schedule. Also, some people are better teachers that practitioners. There can be some people who don't actually call a good game that have a lot to offer is specific areas.

There are also some here who overstate their abilties and also some who understate them. You can tell who is who after reading a little bit. There are some big chest thumpers and some pretty humble people too. Just stick around and you'll see who's blowing smoke versus who's talking straight.

There are certainly some who, when they post, I've come to trust while there are others that I'd just as soon have a killfile for (they occassionally offer something interesting but it's mostly noise.)

Additionally, there are many people who may only read the forum but never post and never even create an account.