View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Clearly this coach deserved in my opinion to be thrown out, I just like to revisit the game to see if I could have managed things differently earlier in order to prevent an ejection and I thought using this board as a sounding board was a good idea. I got the idea from one of the senior officials in my association after I threw out a GV coach at the end of a close game for coming onto the court after having a call go against him for his 2nd T. The vet broke down the tape and showed where certain situations and game awareness could potentially have prevented the ejection (though all parties agreed the ejection was warrented). It's an interesting way to critique game management skills.

Regarding the comment about T ing the coach on the first over and back complaint, I understand this line of thinking, but the early grumbles weren't frequent or annoying enough to earn a warning, so I felt that warning the guy was the right move so that the T from me or my partner wouldn't be a shock to him.