View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Early 4th quarter during a dead ball, I just happened to catch some loud, rude comments from the stands - looked up & there's the ejected coach sitting with a couple dads - looking right at us & smirking. I immediately declared the game forfeit in favor of team A, then gathered all the players from both teams & made it clear that it wasn't anything they did, but that sometimes adults just couldn't behave themselves and we had to stop the game as a result.
I only wonder whether you could have found a way to let the kids finish it. I know you let him know the consequences, but I hate to see the kids lose out on playing a game because of this bozo.
Unfortunately, sometimes the kids do suffer due to the choices of adults. But, sometimes, that's when the most is learned. It was their coach that did it to them and the parents seemed to agree and like the approach. Until someone actually did something about the coach, the kids were learning that what he was doing was tolerable. The kids may have lost some playing time (it was the 4th quarter) but I bet the effect of the coaches bad behavior would last a lot longer than a few more minutes of game time.