View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SMEngmann
6th Grade girls game, team A is clearly superior to team B and dominating the game. Coach A is a bit of a howler and makes chirpy comments to me and my partner, particularly early in the 2nd half, earning him an acknowledgement and a stop sign (after he acted like a child when he wanted a backcourt call when B1 is straddling the division line and never gained front court status). After my partner makes a foul call on team B early in the 4th, he rises and yells, "It's about time we finally get a call, we're getting mugged out there," earning him his 1st technical from me. I went through the formalities and reminded him of the seatbelt rule. With 16 seconds left in the game and Team A up big, B1 misses a free throw and B2 grabs the rebound, and the ball gets knocked OOB. Coach A, from his seat yells that B2 was in the lane early (she clearly wasn't), and I look at him and try to convey to him to stay in the game. Coach A then rises and stomps his foot yelling at us that B2 was in the lane early and how could we have missed it, to which I respond by giving him his second T and his walking papers. My question to you is, do you think there could have been a better way to handle the situation early to prevent the ejection or can you suggest something that I could have done to keep the coach in the game? Clearly, he did enough and deserved to get tossed, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how we could have handled the situation differently?
I'd of whacked him on the over and back and would not have given the warning. He was chirping before that he and had a big lead, so no need for the stop sign.