View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

I think it is more the tone than anything, as well as the fact that the individual in question jpoined the board with an inflammatory post. A big No-NO!

I would agree that Ted Valentine probably could have avoided the second T by walking away, and I also think that he should have done so. If somebody else then drew Barnes ire and saw fit to whack him a second time, so be it. With 3.9 seconds left, after such a great game, try to finish the game with the bench intact. Simply walking away might have done that. And simply making that case rather than calling names at the outset might have led to a good discussion of the point.

That said, none of us were there, we don't know what passed between Valentine and Barnes. So I can't say (nor can anybody else) that I would have done . . . (fill in the blank) or that Valentine was a self-aggrandizing jerk. That last kind of judgmental comment makes it hard to have a reasonable discussion of the situation, and lead to everybody piling. And it doesn't help that he enters the board throwing bombs, rather than looking for answers.