Thread: Big school bias
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 12:19am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by markcolopy
I cannot believe the bias toward Tenn. called in the game tonight at the end of the game. The officials "passed" on the push (by TN) on the missed layup and have the nerve to call a foul going for the ball with .3 seconds left. Every tournament game I've ever watched or officiated usually permits the players to decide the game.
They did decide the game. The player made a foul.

Quote:
How could those officials after reviewing the tape have the nerve to LET Pat Summit and her big program BE GIVEN that foul and not let the game go in overtime, I want to know.
They called a foul, then looked at the tape to decide which came first. The foul or the horn. The foul came first, so they have to shoot the FTs.

Quote:
My opinion is that CONTACT, NO ADVANTAGE with both rebounders back to the rim with one second left is part of the game, not a foul. The contact took place the same time as the final horn.
Well, you were not one of the officials on the game. Neither was I. So what we think does not matter.

Quote:
Would those "experience/older" officials not hold their whisle on that and let the horn sound and OT decide the game knowing what time was left?
No. You are not looking directly at the clock, you are looking at the game clock. Not sure how an official doing their job would even know exactly what time is on the clock. A foul that was called in the first minute, should be called at the last minute. Of course you want to make it be there if you make a call at the end, but the players have to know what has been called and adjust accordingly.

Quote:
My opinion is those officials should not work another tournament game this year for blowing that one.
Well you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes.

Quote:
Its plays like this that infuriate and challenge me to work harder at earning a higher level game.
Well if you do what you suggest, you will never make it to the next level. If you make a call, you cannot take it back because you want the players "to decide the game."

Quote:
What do you think happened in this situation?
I think the officials followed the rules. This is exactly why they allow the video tape at the end of games to determine what happen first. The shot, the foul, the buzzer or anything having to deal with the time. But then again, if you ever work that level (unlikely with your attitude), but how the rules are written and practiced. Sorry it does not fit your shallow way of thinking.

Peace