Thread: Big school bias
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 28, 2004, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

I cannot believe the bias toward Tenn. called in the game tonight at the end of the game. The officials "passed" on the push (by TN) on the missed layup and have the nerve to call a foul going for the ball with .3 seconds left. Every tournament game I've ever watched or officiated usually permits the players to decide the game. How could those officials after reviewing the tape have the nerve to LET Pat Summit and her big program BE GIVEN that foul and not let the game go in overtime, I want to know. My opinion is that CONTACT, NO ADVANTAGE with both rebounders back to the rim with one second left is part of the game, not a foul. The contact took place the same time as the final horn. Would those "experience/older" officials not hold their whisle on that and let the horn sound and OT decide the game knowing what time was left? My opinion is those officials should not work another tournament game this year for blowing that one. Its plays like this that infuriate and challenge me to work harder at earning a higher level game. What do you think happened in this situation?