View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 27, 2004, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Keep wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge Roy

No, you don't have a clue who I am. Nor I you. But that doesn't matter here. All that matters is the truth.

Oooo....a seeker of truth...well, this oughta be fun

Quote:

Stop defending Teddy Valentine. if you guys policed your own, you wouldn't hear the criticism you hear.
Not so, great seeker of truth. We see in the news every day cases where organizations go to great lengths to "police their own" yet still come under constant criticism. Being critical of those in authority is, for better or worse, a consequence of being human. (FWIW somehow those with the least tend to criticize the loudest...don't ask me why that is.)
Quote:

By the way, someone here said the official "passed on" three events of conduct by Xavier on the last three possessions.

please tell me someting. Where is the written authority for an official to "pass on" calling a violation of the rules?
Sure. First you tell me what is an "event of conduct"? If we are to seek truth, we must be precise, must we not? And while you're at it, maybe explain why you seem to have such little respect for officials in general yet proudly (if loosely) quote a single anonymous official? Hardly consistent, no?
Quote:

I have asked that question for years, but no one seems able to produce the written authority.

There is a very serious reason for asking that question.
Ahhh...you are not only a seeker of truth, you are a man of mystery! Please do reveal the very serious reason for your concern!
Quote:

This one too - Who gives officials authority to ever call anything other than every single violation of the rules they see?

Do officials' associations have authority to alter the rules of the game? To advise their members not to enforce violations?
I fear you are becoming redundant...and we do know redundancy is the sign of a weak mind. How disappointing!
Quote:

Someone here surely knows these answers and has a copy of the written document allowing officials to "pass on" calls. Surely it exists. Officials wouldn't intentionally allow the rules to be violated without sanction would they?

Just show me.
Yes, redundant. Please do try to be more thoughtful in the future.