View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 27, 2004, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Keep wondering

but read the University of Michigan study on officials and gambling and you might understand what I am wondering about.

I have never bet a penny on any sporting event in my life.

No, you don't have a clue who I am. Nor I you. But that doesn't matter here. All that matters is the truth.

Stop defending Teddy Valentine. if you guys policed your own, you wouldn't hear the criticism you hear.

By the way, someone here said the official "passed on" three events of conduct by Xavier on the last three possessions.

please tell me someting. Where is the written authority for an official to "pass on" calling a violation of the rules?

I have asked that question for years, but no one seems able to produce the written authority.

There is a very serious reason for asking that question.

This one too - Who gives officials authority to ever call anything other than every single violation of the rules they see?

Do officials' associations have authority to alter the rules of the game? To advise their members not to enforce violations?

Someone here surely knows these answers and has a copy of the written document allowing officials to "pass on" calls. Surely it exists. Officials wouldn't intentionally allow the rules to be violated without sanction would they?

Just show me.