View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 27, 2004, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Re: Stealing in SP

Quote:
Originally posted by oppool
Havent called but 3 games so far and watch a few more where stealing is allowed BUT its not as big thing as many might think in the SP world remember they cant leave till the ball reaches the front plane of home plate so unless you have very deep back stops stealing home is not going to be a problem. As for stealing generally you will see about 2 or less steals per game maybe after the guys get used to it will see a little more. Havent seen a close play yet...

Now the only thing I would like to add is I hope next year in SP that ASA will use the C slot as we do in fast pitch mechanics just make a lot more sense to me then the mechanics they are using now

JMO

Don
Don,

Thank you. This is exactly what I have been saying since they passed this in November. Everyone is so up in arms about this and most have never even worked or seen it in action.

However, as far as your take on the mechanics, I would disagree with you. If you were shown the proper mechanic for this, I don't see how you could possibly believe being behind the SS is a good position for the SP game.