View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 26, 2004, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

"I would also apologize to both teams for this situation occuring, and then forward and letter or emails that you use or receive from the official or supervisor involving this matter. That way, you have shown good faith to the schools to solve this situation."

There are probably not enough officials around to begin with. If your going to sell them down the drain by sucking up to the teams then you probably are going to get even less officials.

What you have is a tough situation here that should be handled with gloves. The teams will know whats happening. You dont have to try and make yourself look good at the expense of a potential umpire. Try the positive approach and deal with it as a 1 man game if you have to. After the game, (and I always carry my manuals), call the kid over to your car and show him what it takes to handle the mechanics properly. Lend him the book if you have too. Hey we all stunk when we first started.

Wouldn't it be much more rewarding seeing that official on the field again with you, doing what was right. I would definetly call the assignor and ask him to send me with this guy to do some lower level games, so I would know he was getting the right training. Being a good official is one thing, passing on the knowledge is another.