View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 23, 2004, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Hawks Coach,
Do you use NCAA womens' rules for your AAU games? FTs, Ts, coaching box (28ft, no loss for a T), no PC under the basket, etc.? [/B]
I don't tend to leave the normal box, and if I briefly jump down the line to coach, it is brief and I am back. I stay out of the scorers way so i don't push it to half court. Never seen the rules specifically modified for 28 feet, never seen anybody worry about the box except when coach is causing a problem.

Never received direct T in an AAU game, don't know if they would have seatbelted me or not (and I do remember the last direct T I saw in PA last year, can't remember if she was seatbelted). Didn't know that no PC under basket was a rule in NCAA womens, haven't seen it called that way. Ts are not POI in my experience, and that is the NCAA rule. Haven't seen a team control foul called yet, but it is fairly new. Doubt that we will use it.

We generally just go with the NCAA women on FT lineup and entering lane on release (except shooter and anybody outside 3 point line). When we use shot clock (AAU national qualifiers and nationals), we use the NCAA women's 30 sec clock, no 10 sec in b/c (stupid rule, IMO), and closely guarded anywhere on the court, but only while holding the ball (even more stupid rule, IMO).