Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee

My friend, a fellow official, and I were watching the game together and I had him blurt out when the TO was requested. I had my eyes fixed on the clock. The clock was changing from 0.8 to 0.7 when he said, "now".
If we went based on the request - I'd say put 1.4 on the clock (one of the players up at the top of the key actually requested the timeout before the player on the baseline.)

I couldn't hear the whistle on the replay (it was silent), but I saw the lead's hand go up with 0.3 seconds left on the clock. Being able to hear the whistle on the replay, 0.4 seems reasonable.
Maybe we should always have 4 officials on the game...3 on the court and 1 sitting in front of the clock with his back to the floor to make sure no team gets rooked for so much as .1 second!! That would be just horrible if someone didn't get their precious .1 more second added back to the clock!

We're human...we're fallible...when will that be understood? High level officials not only can go to monitors but also use the Precision Time method. No matter what it used, human officials will never achieve perfection! I wish administrators would concede this.

[Edited by Indy_Ref on Mar 19th, 2004 at 10:09 AM]