View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

Coach Faust:
My cardio workouts used to be primarily bike and stairmaster, but I have since gone to mostly running. For some reason the running has been better conditioning for my knees. I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but for me it works. I still do some work on the stair machine as well.

I only spend about an hour per day at the gym. At least 3 days per week. A typical workout is a couple minutes warmup. 20 minutes of cardio. 10-15 minutes of stretching. The balance of the hour is weight training, with heavy emphasis on core exercises. Pull ups, ab wheel work, dips, pushups. A variety of different free weight (dumbbell) exercises that I change weekly. I find the free weights better because it forces you to balance the weight so you gain that benefit (as opposed to using a weight "machine").

The only time I take a break from working out is at the end of the FB season and I just scale back and perhaps even take a full week off. Sometimes there are a few muscles aches that just need a little rest after the season.