View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Hey Tony, this is not about the Big Ten. As I stated, the Big Ten got what they deserved. They only deserved 3 and earned only 3. But to tell me that Maryland is a #4 seed? Give me a freakin break.

I haven't said they deserved a #4 seed. Actually, I expected UNC to be a 5 and Maryland to be a 6 or 7.

Quote:
Who cares what Duke did in the past? If that is the criteria, Michigan State should be a #1 seed. Hey, they have one a NC in the past 5 years. Can Duke say that? How many Final Fours did they go to in the past 5 year? Michigan State went to 3 in a row. Wisconsin went to 2 in a row, with not so impressive talent. If Duke and North Carolina have the best talent in the country, why has it been so long sense they won a NC. They had Jason Williams and Shane Batea(sp?), you should have won a NC that year. But that is the past, who do you have now?
None of that has anything to do with the seeding in this year's tourney.

But, yes Duke has won a chanpionship in the past five years, 2001. In fact, 2 of the last 3 National Champions have been from the ACC, not that this matters in this year's tourney. But you keep bringing it up, so I figured I'd straighten you out.

Quote:
Duke could not beat a middle of the road team like Purdue in the so called Little Ten at a neutral site.
Lots of teams get beat by teams that they shouldn't lose to. St. Joes was down 37 to Xavier and lost by 20. Should they be a 4 or 5 seed? one game does not make a season.

It's funny that you keep dwelling on the Duke loss to Purdue but continue to ignore the ACC-Little Ten Challenge.

Quote:
Michigan State played the Top 10 for their non conference schedule, why do that if you are going to get beat and not get credit for it. But that is the typical of the ACC. Do not go anywhere and play anyone on the road and then claim you did something.

Don't even come here with that "Michigan State played the Top 10 for their non conference schedule" crap! MSU's strength of schedule was 26th in the country. Carolina's? 3rd! Duke? 6th. Also, MSU has an RPI rating of 39. All 6 of the ACC teams that made the tourney are in the Top 20 in RPI, with your friends from Duke leading the way at #1.

Quote:
How is North Carolina so good, when they were terrible this past year? And outside of your top 3 (Duke, North Carolina and Maryland), who does anything in the conference?
What does last year have to do with this year? NOTHING. Why do you keep dwelling on it? If last year meant anything, then Marquette would be in the Final Four instead of in the NIT.

Quote:
Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State all have been to the Final Four in the past 5 years. What has NC State done in 20 years? What has Wake Forest done as well? Did they get to the Final Four with Tim Duncan on that team? What has GT done? What has Florida State done since they joined the conference? Are you telling me that Miami is going to be a basketball powerhouse? Let us not go there about history and what conferences have done historically. And yes, this is probably one of the better years that the ACC has had, but out side of Tabacco road, who has done anything in your conference. The Big East has has more NC than the ACC in about a 20 year span of time. Take away Duke from that conference, what have they done? But then again, we will find out how good they are in a week. Tell me in a couple of weeks the same thing when they get beat by the many Mid-Majors that knock them off. Not having parody in your league does not make you a better league than everyone else. I think you have been listening to Dickie V too much.
Again, what are you rambling about? Nobody is talking about the past 5, 10 or 20 years. We're talking about this year. But since you brought it up, allow me to give you a little history lesson. In the past 13 years, the ACC has won 5 National Championships! The Little Ten is WAY, WAY down the list with a measley 1 (Thank you Tom Izzo!)!

SEC - 3
Big East - 2
Pac 10 - 2
Little Ten - 1

But again, we aren't talking about the past, are we? We're talking about this year! Stay on the subject please, get your facts straight, and come back when you can make a real argument that the ACC is not the best conference in the country this year!