View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Well Bart, yes and no!

OSU game time and NCAA screwy arrangements. I can't defend the non-selection of OSU as a 1 seed beyond what was said here already and admitted last night by the chair of the selection committee. I can say that Duke should be a 1 or 2 seed, doesn't matter much to me.

I heard it suggested today that CBS air 60 Minutes first and run the selection show later, which I think is a great idea. Either that, or finish the conference tournaments in time to count all games. It is ridiculous to have two finals that counted for nothing unless a bubble team was going to win (which wasn't the case this year).

The other oddity of this year's bracket was the politically correct decision of making St. Joes a #1 seed. It appears that Duke was not the lowest on the "S Curve," but it was a choice between Duke and OSU because they held spots for Stanford and St. Joes as sacrosanct. If Duke is higher on the S curve, then why is it a choice between Duke and OSU?

The whole thing is political in the end, and anybody with a 1, 2, or 3 seed this year is pretty powerful, and there is a lot stacked after that level as well. This is an extremely balanced year and should make for interesting brackets by the end of the weekend.