View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Hawks Coach let's look at these "facts."

Whining coach + the best recruiting for the last 15 years by far (followed by North Carolina) + TV analysts that are clearly biased = Duke - only 3 championships in this time frame = WE ARE SICK OF THEM!

Let me look into my crystal ball, the pre-season #1 team will be uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Duke!
I am from Illinois, spent 20 yrs there, then lived in Michigan for 10 years. I am a big-time, Big Ten fan in ACC country. My family is all-Big Ten.

I attended Michigan, as did my wife and father. My brother, sister, and bother in-law all attended Illinois. My cousins and uncle, MSU.

So I am a Big Ten fan, but I am also a realist. As for Duke. . .

I HATE Duke. (see part about attending the university of C-Web)

As for your post. . .
I missed the part of your list that showed the other teams with 3 NCAA championships in the past 15 years.

I also missed the part in your post about the fact that Duke won an unprecedented 5 straight ACC championships.

I also missed the part about Coach K being second on the list of consecutive Final Four appearances (and I believe that making the Final Four is validation of your 1 seed).

I also missed the part about how Duke has made the Final Four 8 times since 1988, and elite 8 one additional year. Thats better than anybody else in that same time. KU - nowhere close under Roy Williams. Kentucky has 4 FFs and 4 regional finals. Arizona has 4 FFs and 2 regional finals. Please, for the Duke hater in me, tell me what team has done better than Duke in the NCAA over the past 15 years, and what current coach with more than 15 appearances has a record anywhere near Coach K's.

Hate all you want, but do so knowing the facts. He may whine, but he also wins more, and more consistently, than anybody.