View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2004, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

I had a game (freshman boys, late fill-in, close to school) where one kid is chirping from the first tap about the calls, non-calls, flapping his arms, stomping his feet, you get the picture. Tried talking to him but finally just after the start of the 2nd period my partner calls a foul on him and he stomps around and I "T" him up for unsportmanship. I go over and talk to the coach and the coach pulls him out for the remainder of the half. At half time my partner and I are walking towards the locker room when this kids Dad comes up to us and asks what he kid said to get the "T" because he was going to punish him, that he did put up with that kind of stuff. I told him that he didn't say anything but he was acting out of control and tyring to show us up. The dad replies...that's why you "T'd" him up, thats part of the game. Guess what dad wait a couple of years and when he's playing varsity (if he does) he had better change his attitude because he won't be playing much. Not to say maybe dad should change his attitude towards the game.