Thread: Survey Requests
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 06:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Here's my answers:

Did you experience any roadblocks or barriers getting started in officiating? - Yes, there was construction on the freeway on the way to my first game. The roadblock held me up for about 10 minutes.

What made you get started in officiating? - I felt that if I was going to get yelled at by other people, I might as well get paid for it.

What type of games did you start your officiating career with? - basketball

Do you feel the current process in selecting officials with a single supervisor or assignor for their game schedule is equitable? If yes why? If no why? - yes (of course, I am an assignor)

What if any are barriers for someone interested in officiating at the college level? - the shirts are too tight and there are a lot of fat refs

Should certification of officials be required? If yes why? If no Why? - no, but certification of coaches and parents should be mandatory

What is your opinion about forming regional associations for game assignments, certification, and training? - sure, as long as they have really bichin' end of season parties

Do you feel that you’re adequately informed about changes in rules and procedure from your supervisor? The NCAA? - yes, I receive notices by carrier pigeon daily, plus I am on Rut's newsletter mailing list

How do you feel about the current system of assigning officials for tournament games? If you don’t like the current system what would you change? - what are tournament games?

Do you feel college officials are adequately compensated? If no why? What would you change or do differently? - pay them in Bobby Knight voodoo dolls

Do you think the NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA should play a larger if any role in assigning officials? If yes what should they do? - they should provide larger rolls in pre-game meals

What suggestions would you make to someone interested in officiating at the college level? - see a therapist ASAP

What suggestions would you make to an official who is working at the high school or small college level and wants to move up? - forget it, unless you like having a brown shine to your nose

Do you have any desire to work in any of the semi pro leagues or the NBA? - not until Mark Cuban retires

Other Comments: it sure gets hot in Florida in the summertime - buy low, sell high - you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Hope this helped.