View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 01, 2004, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

It is all in the way they are run. This year has been a real eye opener for me as I have put more time into the rec schedule of my association. I did a lot of games for a CYO league and a Baptist league. In both, games are started by prayers and or scripture reading. Fans, players, and coaches are addressed by an administrator of the league before the game. They are told that disrespect for the officials, and the players and coaches on the other team will not be tolerated. The administrator on duty will approach you after the game if you call a technical on player or coach and ask for an explanation. “What blew me away was that in the CYO league I was asked if I thought that further action was warranted against a coach.” Parents came up and apologized for his actions. He was just being a Howler Monkey. In the Baptist league I called a T in one game for reaching across the line and hitting the ball on a throw in. When I was reporting it the coach of the other team asked if I would explain what the player did wrong to both teams.