View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Wink REAL easy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGref
I official 3 other sports but no spring sports. I have been told by countless people that Baseball/softball is were it is at. I was just trying to get some idea of how easy it would be to get into it.

How much of an investment is there to start..Equipment?

How long do games last?

Thats about it for now, I will be looking around later!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
I can hook you up with the guy that got me into it. First I was told I would be teamed with a veteran for working games and training. Oh, there was this "all you need" clinic, too. Well, the clinic was all of one hour, main emphasis was how to keep your hat on when pulling off the mask and line-up card changes. The "veteran" never materialized as my schedule for the first season was all single man Mustang(9-10's)ball. I made some MAJOR screw-ups that season, not becuase of my lack of interest(and self-destruction abuse by staying with it)but lack of training(proper, that is).

So, I found these neat internet boards and started listening, then hooked up with the high school guys and met some JUCO guys and now have some good friends working minor league ball also. After 10 seasons, I work from the 9's to the JUCO men.

Starter gear is a bit over 200 bucks, try Honigs.com after you hook up with an association....hope this helps