View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 20, 2004, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
First you say you're willing to admit you don't know much about officiating, but then you say you know bad officiating when you see it. Yeah, that makes alot of sense.
Let me explain this in simpler terms for you. I may not know how to make a cake, but I can definitely tell you when a cake is good or bad. When everyone around me is feeling the same way, including the media, then I know something is wrong with the officiating:

Here's proof, again, please read: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/wildcats/9469.php

Quote:
You have a problem with the officiating, sign up. Those of us in this forum will be more than happy to come watch you officiate a junior high game and berate you.
I know officiating is tough, but I feel like it should improve with time (Dave Libbey has been doing this for over 30 years). I haven't seen any improvement.

Quote:
How about some credit for the crew last night for being thick skinned as all of the idiot fans consistently yelled "BS" and "Hey ref F U!"
It's not their job to be thick-skinned. It's their job to be observant and fair. I think their performance was questionable. There is another thread about their performance last night, regarding an over-and-back call.

Quote:
The only reason you complain is because officials can't complain back. Think about how the world would be, and how stupid you would look, if the officials had the right to scream at stupid fans about all the rules they don't understand. If you want to see the problem, look in the mirror.
I will refrain from personally attacking you, and instead focus on the topic- poor officiating. I wanted to find something to do about it, something CONSTRUCTIVE, and I wound up here. When an official really does screw up, he may get suspended by his conference, but what compensation does the team get for the poor call? What if the poor call cost them a game, and affects their seeding or chances to go to their conference tourney? Even though there appears to be avenues of improvement, nothing changes. I want officials to work together more, to not be afraid to point out a bad call and reverse it. With three guys on the floor, I'm really surprised about some of the calls that are made in the PAC 10. And judging by the media's reaction, everyone else is too.

[Edited by wildcatman on Feb 20th, 2004 at 02:13 PM]