Thread: A weighty issue
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

Wink

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TriggerMN
Tuck it in. It's the school's problem, or her problem, that she doesn't have a jersey that fits. That's not my problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Rainmaker
So when I start the National Fund to Buy Well-Fitting Uniforms for overweight players who attend school in impoverished districts where the roof leaks, and teachers have to work in storage rooms, you'll be the first to make a contribution?

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
If the roof was leaking and the teachers worked in storage rooms, I'd hope that the school district would put more money towards fixing those problems first, and think of athletics second. It's not the officials' faults the player is overweight. Your sarcasm, as usual, is noted.
How do you know Rainmaker was being sarcastic? The comments could have had Sardonic implications or were just plain satirical remarks. Those that are wise always know their rules, especially definitions.