View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Jimmy
Went to our local preseason meeting last night and didn't get much of an answer to this question. Will the new ASA possession of the ball stipulation for blocking a base have any bearing on how Fed games will be called this year? Fed still uses about to receive in their text. I asked our Fed interpreter but he dismissed my question with a "no one will no the difference" comment and then moved on to other "important" business. I do both ASA and Fed and am wondering if anyone else might see a potential problem keeping the two straight. Any other organization mention this at all?
A few years back at a Regional ASA Umpire Clinic, the clinian hosting the break-out on pitching was asked: "Our local leagues use ASA rules for everything, but pitching. They use USSSA rules for that. When are you going to cover U-trip pitching rules?"

The clinician just noted the ASA on his shirt and continued with covering ASA pitching rules.